The Stalking Turtles | Forums

Hey there! Have you forgot to login?
Make sure you login now, or register if you don't have an account yet!
Welcome!

A clan, with high quality servers, very secure services and an awesome environment for Everyone.

The design of this website

Emperos

The design of this website

Post by Emperos on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:43 am

First of all whatsup Turtles bounce .

I want to talk about the design of this website, i think this website is an open source (correct me if i am wrong), but the problem with open source ''Forum'' websites is that they aren't really designed well.

I can talk about this because i just graduated Interactive & Marketing designs. For example, the first time i came to this forum, i saw a big header with the clan picture, then when i scrolled down i saw a (too big) chat window with under that an option to donate.

To get more people joining this clan and forum depends highly on your design and userbility. The order is not right in my opinion. The starting page should be organized and clean, and not 100 things on the same page. The first page of your website should be similair as your invitation, clean and ordered.

My suggestions are, make the website more clean and ordered. One clan site i really like is this one (link: http://tmg-clan.com/). The idea of this clan website is to invite people to the clan and join the forums with just 2 options they could choose from (Become a member, donate), to compare it with this site, the visiter sees 100 options to do and the order isn't really clear and will most likely leave this site soon because it is hard to orientate for themselves.

I would recommend to delete the (BIG) chat window, or atleast put it somewhere else. (After all you want members to cummunicate in your forum and not in the chat window right?). 2nd, put the donation option somewhere else (more hidden), it really is ''in your face'' and feels like that the only reason this website is here is, gathering donates. Put it somewhere below or make a new page for it. Even these 2 simple edits makes this website way more clear and orderd.

I think by reading this you all got my idea now. Just think of these 3 things ''Clear'' '' Ordered'' ''Userbility, it is really important.

Greetings again,
    Joey aka Emperos

Shoutrix

Re: The design of this website

Post by Shoutrix on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Hey Emperos!
    Once again, you're too damn right!
    And we were going ot order a new forum, but instead we used it on the Unturned server.
    We're currently saving a lot for the new forum, and it's really hard..
    But, of course, we've wanted to move to a clear new forum where we could make a big new upgrade.

That's why we're not really putting a lot of work into the forums due to our plan on moving to a better forum!

Though you're right, good job! I loved the suggestions! Smile
    Emperos

Post by Emperos on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:06 pm

I see, new forum looks promising. I was suggesting some things because we are advertising the forums right now.

Off topic: Ive read about a plugin that allows players to Vote for your server and get particulair items automatically. Maybe it is possible to convert it like if someone registers at our forums. Just an idea. And if that too hard to manage, the vote plugin is really usefull for when you advertise on differend website's and get higher in the ranks and get more active players on the server.

Awec

Post by Awec on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:26 am

The chatbox is usually at the bottom for most forums. Not that we really need it in the first place.

What we could with is some reminder for people to create a forum account as well as to donate. Possibly also a link to where people can apply to join the clan.

Want to join the Minecraft server? PM me your username so I can add you to the whitelist!
    Emperos

Post by Emperos on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Sounds like good ideas.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:59 am